It's amazing how a student's life seems to come to a complete halt the moment it's drawn away from the regime of school. Each time we enter the end-term holidays, especially the ridiculously long ones, our life seems drained of purpose. I remember the minute I finished my last exam paper for the promotionals last year, I immediately felt so lost because my sole aim for that year had come to a close.
The part which irks me more is my dependence on school for any form of a life at at all. School is like the embodiment of uniformity, conformity and uncreativity (at least for most of Singapore), and to think that it is, and has always beeen for most of my life, indispensable? It brings forth a certain irony of how you need partake of conformity in order to be the otherwise.
Life and it's contradictions.
No comments:
Post a Comment