When definition fails, only uncertainty can follow. Much like how Nothingness is neither stable, nor volatile, nor constant, nor changeable, nor free, nor contained, nor shrinkable, nor expandable, nor inert, nor passive, nor active, nor reactive, so will anything be when Definition and the boundaries that we imagined are rejected.
4 comments:
I finally figured out what your "thought" posts remind me of.... Poe's mini essays! "on imagination", "on time" ... plus your habit of capitalising Abstract concepts...LOL
Heh - the joys of studying Literature! But I suppose Poe really have his influences... I find his theories on the sublime very appealing, actually.
actually I'm curious - why do you like to capitalise certain words so much? seems rather archaic to me (not in a bad way of course!). considering that its more common nowadays for poets to use lowercaps, haha.
Hmmm, I'm not sure how to answer that adequately... Like when I say "Nothing", I'm referring to it as a a complete idea or concept in its purest form, trying to capture what the word truly means. In a sense, I want to move away from the diluted and trivilized meaning of the word (the way we commonly refer to it) because I'm talking about "Nothing" much more abstractly, but also in the full sense of the word.
And it's funny you mentioned how it's archaic, because I do have a some sort of a romantic fascination with the past, though I never related that to my habit of capitalizing certain words.
Post a Comment