Monday, January 5

random stuff

I turned to my side and looked down through the full length window. A grass cutter was passing by. The average sized Indian man had tied a finely striped blue hankerchief over his forehead, and another over his nose to cover almost all of his head; his sunglasses concealed the rest of him. Were he not with his grass cutting machine he would have looked the terrorist-type. He even had a sign hanging on his back with the words "Danger, Keep Away" in red.

So he walked across the breadth of my window swinging the grass-cutter from left to right, vicously sending shards of green flying about him. There was no way the grass could resist. As if to censor the vulgarness of how savagely the grass was being severed, the buzzing from the machine grew louder and filled the room. He hovered within my view only for a little longer while I contemplated the scene:

This is exactly what it would be like when they shave me this Friday.

3 comments:

alfie. said...

OMG! you're enlisting on friday! that's early!

best of luck? heh. you'll do good :)



alfie.

emtonmi said...

Yes, I know! But no harm in being a bit early I guess. It's still two years worth of army to go through.

Thanks anyway :)

Anonymous said...

Botak jon .