Sunday, February 1

amateurism

Sometimes I look back at my old posts, and shudder. The things I wrote - they all seem so pathetic. Flimsy, even. Most of them barely looked like anything substantial to read. And here was I with my "brilliant ideas" and cheap writing. Maybe the ideas were good, though, just that I failed to bring it justice. Silly. Then you would probably think that I'm being harsh on myself. Esteem issues? No. I am just being honest and real. Reality is brutal. You cannot lose yourself completely to fancies and ideals, or Reality will come slapping you up your face. So slap yourself first. It is necessary to remember how small one really is, even if one is a dreamer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i get that a lot too. oh well :X

- mel, your fellow INFP

Jin said...

I can't help but agree. That recurring sense of insignificance is partly why I've shut down my blog indefinitely. I hope your blog stays strong :)

Anonymous said...

i suppose it is rather disgusting and shameful sometimes when one reads back and reflects that what had been written were immature. and like your friend who commented above me, i guess that's why i close my blog certain times.