Sunday, August 16

i promise you, this is not insanity.

Once, in Tekong,
I had a strange impulse
to eat
a wild leaf.

I plucked it, ate it.

It tasted fresh;
It tasted like
life.

The other day, I saw
the same plant.
I ate another leaf.


Now, I know
this sounds strange. But,
honestly,
you cannot imagine
how bad it can get
eating two-year-old
dumplings
that, mysteriously,
hasn't rotted yet.

it is foul.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what, i'll totally eat leaves too you know. just for the sake of tasting how fresh things can get. HAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

what about fresh pork?

jacq said...

HAHA cool. was it nice?! i ate a cigarette once cos I couldn't get high from smoking it.

emtonmi said...

thefirstAnonymous: Haha I'd say it's the equivalent of eating a salad of raw veggies.

thesecondAnonymous: Oh you know I've seen people eat fresh beef or uh, lamb's liver raw on television before. I don't mind trying that.

Jacq: It was nice compared to the packed rations we get, which have this funny chemical smell. Heh. How was the cigarette, though?

Anonymous said...

HEYYYY, I MISSED YOU WHEN YOU'RE AWAY AND I'M VIEWING YOUR BLOG ON OSKAR DONT YOU FEEL SO LUCKY GOODBYE!