Saturday, October 24

i have never felt so eighteen.

Life has taken on a new vividness
for me, in technicolour clarity
People are no longer fuzzy,
but are just people, with personalities
as just personalities
They still have intentions, only that
all of them are obvious
I have discovered a love for colour
full and solid, no longer pastel
And sunshine makes me feel strong
I have drive now, in a form of lists:
movies to watch, books to read,
things to do - they don't stop growing
I'm hungry for brainfeed,
I want back to school, badly
Suddenly, it no longer frightens me
that I know so many people
and the like, people know me
It feels good to have run
and it feels good to have stretched
I don't entirely not like exercise,
these days - it makes one feel alive
I feel comfortable with me, confident
I feel young
This must be what it feels like
to be at the brink of nineteen.

5 comments:

aileen said...

hah. great!

Ayreus said...

Jon and 'feels good to run' didn't use to go together... Haha, things change, huh? (:

emtonmi said...

Note: "It feels good to have* run"

*The "have" is important. I don't always enjoy running, but usually feels nice once its over.

And yeah, many changes over this year. And it's good, because if I'd been more resistant to the whole army thing I'd be quite sour and miserable.

labs said...

lovelyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


i know how that feels for sure.

labs said...

(oops) this is Jacqueline, by the way.