Tuesday, March 23

they say we grow the most in our sleep

Once upon a midnight last time it was cold and I was tired but we walked and we walked and we walked still because it was sneaky and stealthy that way and that is how we like to roll, yes, ten if we were lucky clicks into the darkness all of us sleepy but not sleeping but walking so to stay awake I say to myself, 'tis just a walk in the park, I say, just a walk in the park keep walking.


Once upon a midnight last time I went running alone because I thought that then no one would see me running in my awkward way, my legs being weak and the rest of me clumsy, since I hadn't been much of a running-around person anyway so I went down to the little three-hundred meter track down at the little park and there I saw another person, a girl, dark-skinned and wide and probably also self-conscious, running, and I thought to myself that she didn't want any one to see her running either.


Once upon a midnight last time it was late and getting later but my head was churning like nonstop because there was the poetry and the etymological musings and the surge of random, whole, ideas and the people-reading and the recollection of the day's happenings and conversations long past reiterated with me speaking more fiercely and more eloquently than I could before and like the popping of popcorn pop pop poppoppop thoughts fill my head so fast and so full I simply lay there eyes open, tossingturningly wide awake, victim of my own head.


Once upon a midnight last time when I was young I had the nightmares like how I had daydreams all strange and fantastic but altogether very haunting because there were the things and monsters chasing me and the red lady warrior on the horse and my mom crying deeply about something I didn't understand, not like I understood any of it at all, but as I said they were very haunting such that I remember these dreams up till today with unusual clarity and sometimes I still wonder if there was any meaning to them.


Once upon a midnight last time is actually bad English like how bad English is actually grammatically awkward.

No comments: