Saturday, February 23

how was your day?

There sat I, embraced by the loneliness of the couch, the quiet of the night and the swirling wind, eating into my cold cup of tea. And while I wasted myself away, I thought of how I had wasted the day. Today's non-activity, though few, hung along the line of failure. Failure to happen, failure to be. Failure, the day, failure and me.

But that was it. The thought only lingered a little longer before it faded, and I redirected my attention to the growing emptiness of my hands and the realization that it was already so late and I hadn't had dinner. But then again, so what? I had been filled with the empitiness of my cup, and the loneliness of the room, the quiet of the night and the swirling wind, that I could no longer have the appitite for any thing more. And there sat I...

No comments: