Sunday, June 22

the ode to odour

Thou stench, thou stench, upon the bus
Like dead fish to a shore,
I smell thee as I've smelt no worse
And wish to smell no more.

Be gone, Befoul'd! relieve my chest!
That I may breathe again
The air of which I need to breathe,
And breathe thus with no pain.

But free your mind- fret now no more-
This world's not of no ends:
We live in times of fragrant sprays
And canned deodorants!

So buy thee now a smell thereof,
And use it, faith, by day;
That all within proximity
Shall have no more to say. (Yay!)

4 comments:

axnxg said...

Did some smelly guy sit in front of you on the bus? lol

emtonmi said...

No, it was all made up along the way. It was fun writing it though.

axnxg said...

LoL. I thought it would be something like that. Because it happened to me haha

emtonmi said...

Ohh, that means I've conveyed the right emotions effectively!