Tuesday, August 5

warped people are we...

"Oh my - a boy in Thailand killed a taxi driver to emulate Grand Theft Auto?! Awesome. Now I have a good example of how violent games lead to violent behaviour in youth to use for my General Paper essays!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog, so I gave you free premium listing at http://www.therankdirectory.com

thanks again, please enjoy our marketing tool in the effort to see your blog succeed.

Anonymous said...

haha, sad but true.

emtonmi said...

Yay, consonance!

Well, I suppose that's the price of gearing our education in such a direction...


Oh look, a minute just passed. If my statistics are right, a lady in Africa just died.

Anonymous said...

that reminds me of something i read before...at a U2 concert a while back, bono (the lead singer) started snapping his fingers and went 'every time i snap my fingers, a child in africa dies.'

then this bugger in the crowd shouted 'then stop f*ing snapping your fingers then.'

Anonymous said...

Said with much cynicism, but after all, the whole point of GP and the education system is to make people aware of such situations and to hopefully prevent them in the future..

The perpetual malaise of the JC student in Singapore: angsting about The System. (Especially on blogs)

Sigh.

(anyway the grand theft auto thing is really awful. if you've played it before, you'd know why America is so f***ed up..)

emtonmi said...

Ah, yes. I think even more sad when students begin to take for granted the value of their education here. Granted, there are plenty of flaws for us all to whine about, but I reckon it's our job as learners to find our own way about them in the spirit of education.

Anonymous said...

I got to this site through therankdirectory.com. Awesome blog.

emtonmi said...

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy reading it.