the moonlit sky was quiet and sober
the clouds were wisping by
time had stopped; now was forever
and in the distance, a trailing cry
it was darkness deep where there was no sleep
and he was falling, falling forever
to no ground
falling forever to no ground
2 comments:
Nice! very pleasing rhyme scheme. The sounds really stick in my mind.
With regards to the falling - it's like an old nightmare that everyone has had before.
I noticed that the moon has been exceptionally bright recently (it really streams through my window!), were you by any chance inspired by that? lol
Thanks for the compliment :)
Hmm, I've actually never had that never-ending falling dream before. I've only heard of it... and unfortunately, Mister Moon wasn't the inspiration for this poem. I haven't actually noticed the moon recently. This is another poem that was spun out of the moment, really.
Post a Comment